This week, we sat down with Andrea as we continue to celebrate 20 years of our Optical Shoppe! Find out why she enjoys being an optician and helping COA patients in this short interview. Read on!
1. What attracted you to be part of the COA team?
I wanted to be part of a team that worked and communicated together with a positive attitude.
2. How do you ensure a “perfect fit” for each patient?
I believe it is most important for each patient to feel comfortable in the frame they choose. A classic look and comfortable feel will outlast any new style or trend.
3. Why did you choose to become an optician?
I began wearing glasses at a young age, so glasses and contact lenses have always piqued my interest.
4. What is it you most enjoy about being an optician?
I enjoy when I feel that I have improved a patient’s quality of life.
5. What do you do to help children choose the best frame?
I believe it is just as important for children to feel comfortable in their eyewear as adults. If they don’t choose their frames themselves, then they may be inclined not to wear them. Then, they won’t have the help they need for their vision.
6. What skills are essential to being a great optician?
Communication is one of the most important and essential skills to being a great optician. Having a desire to improve people’s quality of life is also key!